Friday, January 28, 2011

Silence...

I haven't posted in awhile. Just haven't had anything to say! Not much has been going on... we did find out that we will be having another girl come June! Looks like I'll be able to get good use out of all those cute outfits up in the attic! I think we have pretty much decided on a name. Although, we haven't technically 'announced' it yet. I'm not sure why. Brent told me not to tell anyone until we were sure that was it, but he's told EVERYONE! haha So, I think she will be Gracie Elizabeth. We have always loved the name Gracie, and almost named Ella that. Plus, Brent's great-grandmother's name was Grace, so you can consider it a family name as well. Elizabeth is from the Bible. I love her story and relate to it well. And while I am quite aware I'm not going to be birthing John the Baptist, I am certain this baby is a miracle and will have a great purpose in this world!

Ella is doing well, and getting smarter every day. She had the stomach virus this week, and was kind enough to pass it on to me. MISERABLE is the word I would use to best describe this. Not only was it terrible while I had, but even now that it's gone I am dealing with some kind of pulled muscle in my chest from all the....well... you get it. So now it hurts to move, sniff, cough, breathe...etc. Wish it would hurry up and go away!

Back to Ella, I have decided she has some kind of special ability to learn songs. I'm not kidding... I can sing a song she has never heard, and after listening to me twice she will sing it like she's known it all along. She sings CONSTANTLY, and even makes up songs to sing to her babies. Every day when we pick her up at school, they are laughing at her love of singing. They said she has even started singing the songs they play during naptime... which I'm sure they appreciate while trying to get everyone asleep LOL. Her favorite seems to be Jesus Loves Me. Only in her version, it's "Yes, Jesus love you... my Bible tells me so." haha.

She has also started using the phrase 'I love you' some. Just randomly, usually after I change her, she will pat me on the back and say 'I yuv you Mama.' So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment