Thursday, January 6, 2011

Still no pictures...

I know blogs are boring without pictures, but I still don't have my camera back yet :(.

Ella has been so funny lately. Sometimes, the things that she "knows" just amazes me. Just little things. For instance, she brought something to me yesterday that has batteries... but the back was off and the batteries were gone. She held it up and said, "It break!" Of course, I couldn't help but correct her with "It's BROKEN, not break." But it just amazed me that her little self could see that something was missing, and therefore 'wrong' with it.

Tonight, I was sitting in the recliner and she walked up, started pushing on me and saying "Push Mommy down!" When she says stuff like this, I always try and think of where it could have come from. So then I immediately imagined her pushing some kid down at school, and her teacher saying "Don't push _____ down!" I sure hope not, but where else would she have gotten a phrase about pushing somebody down?!

All that to say, that she has recently started using phrases more frequently. Of course, I still don't understand half of what she "says", but when I do it's so funny to me! This is also a repeat conversation in our house:

Me: Are you hungry?
Ella: Hungry?
Me: Do you want something to eat?
Ella: Want to eat?
Me: Are you going to copy everything I say?
Ella: You dflkewj copy lwejrwi say?

Even her teacher mentioned to me that she is such a little copy cat, and goes around mimicking her all day! Haha.

She also has a serious problem with her temper. Every once in awhile, when she throws a fit, she will start biting her hand, pulling her hair, and pinching herself! I know it's terrible, but I figure at least she isn't doing it to me or someone else! Luckily, she only does it for a few seconds. I guess she realizes it doesn't feel to good!

No comments:

Post a Comment