Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tired!

That seems to be my general feeling lately.... just plain tired! I'm just having a harder time getting up and going in the mornings. Especially at 6:30 on the weekends when Ella is ready to play! Speaking of Ella.... We started potty training Monday night. We have to go through the pull-up stage first, because her daycare requires that she wears them until she is completely trained with no accidents. So we are taking it nice and slow. She has gone several times in the potty, so she definatly understand the concept... she just hasn't grasped the idea of KNOWING when she needs to go. But she's not even 2 yet, so I'll give her a break :). We are also getting ready to move her to her new room and new bed in the next few weeks. I will be gone to California for work 2 days next week, so it will probably be after I get back. Lots of changes happening around here!

Ella moved to her new class, the 2yo class, on Monday. She's still getting use to it, but seemed like she was enjoying it more when I picked her up yesterday. She is learning so much, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with her! She is now counting to 14... kind of random, but that's as high as I have heard her go. She has NOT gotten her colors down. Poor thing, I'm beginning to think she is color blind! She thinks everything is green! Ha! It's amazing how she can memorize and recognize letters and numbers... but not colors. Must be on the opposite side of her brain!

I've also recently decided to improve Ella's eating habits. She is very picky, and will not eat many vegtables at all. So, I've started mixing some pureed veggies into her food. This week, I did a batch of broccoli and carrots. So far, we have successfully eaten speghetti with carrots, peanut butter sandwhich with carrots and a baked potato with broccoli mixed in. All of these things she has eaten right up and never noticed the hidden ingredient! I am so excited. My hope is that she will gradually get use to the taste of them and begin eating them on their own. So beware if you come over for supper, never know what veggies you may be eating! Haha. Any suggestions of other veggies that puree well and would make a good addition? I did try peanut butter and broccoli, but it did not go over well and resulted in lots of dramatic gagging :).

No comments:

Post a Comment