Friday, November 4, 2011

Been Awhile

So, I haven't blogged in a LONG time. Just haven't found the time. Well, I have, but decided to use it to do something else :). What has been going on since my last post??

Gracie is no longer the tiny little thing she once was. It's funny looking back, that for the first month of her life I was so worried about her gaining weight. She lost almost a full pound after she was born, and everyone one was always asking me if she was premature because she was so little. Well.... she's made up for that. Ella was always long and slender. Gracie, on the other hand, is short and chunky! I think she gets that from me. She will be 5 months this week, and STILL has not rolled over. I think she's just to fat lol. It bothers me, even though I know it shouldn't... and that she WILL do it eventually. She has started some solids, which she gets once a day right before bed. She went to full-time formula at 3 months... which was both freeing and sad at the same time. But the reason was a good one...

In September, Brent and I went to Las Vegas with some friends for a few days!!!! It was so fun, and such a nice, and much needed, get-away. We hadn't left Ella like that since she was 9 months old, but she did just fine and didn't really ask for us at all lol. We stayed up late, slept until we wanted to get up, and roamed around all day with no agenda. It was wonderful. Also, no diapers were involved... which is a double plus! When we get home, Ella was very happy to see us, and Gracie could have cared less. Speaking of Ella.....

She is loving being in Mother's Day Out at church. She loves her teacher, and from day one has never been anything but excited when I drop her off. Having her here full time the rest of the week has not been as hard as I thought it would be. It is trying some days, but most of the time the days fly by and we get along just fine. Don't get me wrong, when bedtime rolls around I am singing praises, but the days aren't near as hectic as I thought they would be. Most of the time, anyways :). She is so funny these days, and is constantly saying things that I have no idea where it came from. Today, for instance, I asked her if she ate her lunch at school. Her reply? "Umm... not exactly." My friend Amy had given her something to eat the other day and asked her if she liked it... "Not so much." LOL!

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some pics, and more tales. But right now, the kids are in bed, and the DVR is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment